sâmbătă, 31 martie 2012

Everything is beginning today

When I set off on that narow, dusty road, nobody noticed my leaving nor questioned my departure. Had I been to no importance to them? As easily discarded as a dirty cloth, just something whose existence you acknowledge, but never pay any attention whatsoever to it? As time passed by and I wasn't receiving any phone-calls, nor was my hearing challenged by a frightened voice, asking me to justify my absence, I became more and more delighted by my actions. I had always known that I didn't belong there, ever since I first stepped into that house.

It wasn't that they treated me badly, for they always smiled so warmly and went to great distances just to see me happy. They surely loved me dearly, but I had always considered that they loved the idea of having a son, an heir, someone that would keep the name alive, rather than loving me as an individual and for who I was. I dread to think that they might not know my name, since they had always called me "Son".

It didn't bother me much, not when I was little. Being the sole heir to such an important family meant that I had much more privileges than other children. I didn't know what hunger was, or thirst, nor had I been cold in the winter. But, as I grew up, I soon realised thar I was lonelier and sadder than almost any other child.

With no friends and almost no family, caught in a web that I myself had woven, I needed a new beginning. From this day on, Mom, Dad, I am not your Son anymore, I am who I am.

2 comentarii:

  1. Acest comentariu a fost eliminat de administratorul blogului.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. I'm at work and I'm reading your blog, check out mine at iadventure.blogspot.com. Hope to see more form ya! Lucian.

    RăspundețiȘtergere